Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning > Guest Area (Public)

Notices

Old 04-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Doodlebug25413
New Mooner

Default Newbie for a Vow Renewal!

Hello everyone! I found this site by browsing the internet, looks like it's full of info!

A little about me & my hubby. We celebrated our 1st year anniversary on April 11. We really wanted a wedding but things just did not plan out at the time. (I was very pregnant then & scheduling just didn't work out) So now we are planning our Happily Ever After for next April.

Since I can't book until July, we are looking at an Escape package with just my Godmother, my eldest son who will be 18, my sister & her family (hopefully), my best friend & her daughters & just myself, my hubby & our little 1 year old boy.

Currently we are looking at Sunrise Terrace at the Wilderness Lodge. And I'm still going back and forth on the Canada Pavillion or not. Or the Gazebo! Will depend on if my sister & her family is able to make it. Kinda have my heart set on Sunrise. So we will see.

Looking forward to meeting everyone & reading about everyone's plans.

Kelly & Kevin's VR & Wedding ~ April 2016

Married to my Knight in Shining Pick Up Truck

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Doodlebug25413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
Tianabell15

Mickey Mooner

Oh how exciting!! We just celebrated our one year on April 4th and we didn't do a wedding either cause I was pregnant hehe! But I've always dreamed of a big wedding at Disney so my parents said they would help me do one so that's what we are doing in September. Our son is currently 10 months old. Welcome to the forums and I can't wait to see how your plans unfold!!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
Doodlebug25413
New Mooner

OH HOW SUPER COOL!! I have someone on here who I have something in common with! I don't feel so alone now. LOL

Yea I was gi-normous pregnant. I was laid off from my job too, so the whole wedding idea was kicked. But we are good now, things worked out for the better, Kevin got a promotion & I have been able to stay home with the baby.

Our son turns 1 year this Saturday. He is getting so big quickly!

I see you are having a Living Seas reception. My girlfriend had hers there. It was very pretty. The whole Aquarium was such a unique aspect. If you have kids coming, they are going to love it. I think 1 of the divers waved & interacted with the guests. (Sorry I can't remember, it was awhile ago)

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Tianabell15

Mickey Mooner

I completely understand! Austin turns 1 in June and I'm just like where did that year go? Are you having a party for him?

I decided not to go back to work at the bank but keep my coaching job at the university so I could stay home with Austin but still have a little bit of income during the winter months when Ryan's work slows down.

I couldn't imagine having my reception anywhere else. The coral reef restaurant was always my favorite to go to when we were at Epcot. And I love everything about the ocean. Hence why I live in a beach town lol.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
Pinklisa17

Mickey Mooner

Hello, we are having a vow renewal too. We never had a wedding. We have been married 11 years and have 4 children. Welcome to the boards!

Lisa and Robert
Vow Renewal 6.29.2015

Planning Journal Planning Session
Wedding Recaps
Pinklisa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #6
Doodlebug25413
New Mooner

Hi PinkLisa! Wow you do have a special reason to have a vow renewal! That's awesome!

Gals, isn't it great to be able to have our children be a part of this?

Yes, we are having a small party for him. Well, it's more for me haha. We are doing a Circus/Dumbo theme. Taking him to get his 1 year pictures done on Thursday.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
Tianabell15

Mickey Mooner

How fun!! We are thinking of doing jake and the never land pirates theme! Still debating. And I didn't even think about getting photos done. Something to add to the list lol. Maybe I can talk our photographer friend into doing them. She did do his newborn photos.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
indiana_princess

Minnie Mooner

Welcome! Nice to have you join us!

Planning a Vowel Renewal 2018

Savannah & Eric
indiana_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #9
Doodlebug25413
New Mooner

I see some familiar faces from the Disboards group too.
So that's nice to see others!

Old 08-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #10
bonzie1
New Mooner

Congratuations on your Vow Renewal! There's not a lot of information on Vow Renewals, so it's nice to read about your dreams We've been married for 19 years. We love Disney. I'm a 15 year breast cancer survivor and my husband is just recovering from a serious bout of Colon cancer.

We've got a DCL cruise scheduled for this November. I'd love to sneak in a VR... we will see!

Happy Planning!
bonzie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
TheLittleMarcels
New Mooner

Vow Renewal here, too! Married 10 years this year, but planning it for our 12 year (timing and saving, etc). We're calling it our Vow Renewal & Familymoon, since our three children are a part of it!

Last edited by TheLittleMarcels; 11-03-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: punctuation error
TheLittleMarcels is offline   Reply With Quote