Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning > Guest Area (Public)

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
xxgemini31xx
New Mooner

Default Grand Floridian?

We are REALLY considering the Grand Floridian! Can you please share your experiences?
xxgemini31xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
StitchBride

Planning Princess

We had our reception in St. Augustine and we loved it. We used the Whitehall room for our cocktail hour. The food was, of course, amazing and it totally fit the type of event we were looking for. What other options are you looking at?

Tiffani & Harlan
May 19, 2007 WP & GF

Wedding Recap~Our Happily Ever After~Mousketeer
StitchBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
xxgemini31xx
New Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchBride View Post
We had our reception in St. Augustine and we loved it. We used the Whitehall room for our cocktail hour. The food was, of course, amazing and it totally fit the type of event we were looking for. What other options are you looking at?
That sounds great, were you able to have a Disney theme? I preferably wanted something near Magic Kingdon because I wanted to consider the fireworks!
xxgemini31xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Sandella44

Planning Princess

We had Grand Floridian and Whitehall as well. I would not have changed a thing. We wanted to keep the Disney theming to a minimum, but we did have Mickey and Minnie come dance with the guests, we had Disney themed favors and we somehow got Cindy's Glass Slipper Sorbet. It wasn't on our BEO so I guess we got lucky. You can check out my wedding day recap for pictures and how it went.

My Wedding Recap * My Happily Ever After Journal * My Mouseketeers Journal * My TTC #2 Journal
Sandella44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
Laurenpetticrew
New Mooner

The grand Floridian is at the top of my list too! It's stunning!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
RaeGriss
New Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchBride View Post
I am so glad to hear that!! We just signed our letter of agreement for our 4/8/16 wedding and I think we have those exact rooms for our cocktail hour and reception. I was really, really excited about using the Grand Floridian and then got nervous reading some of the boards here since the ballrooms are kind of empty as a starting place. It's reassuring to hear from another bride that it went well (and that the food was AMAZING!!)

If you don't mind me asking, how much decoration did you end up needing / using? Do you remember roughly what the cost of decorations (including, I guess, the tables and chairs?) was?

Any other GF ballroom brides, feel free to chime in! Every insight helps! Thank you!!
RaeGriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 AM   #7
KDisney85

Fairy Mooner

We just had a wedding in September at the GF. Our cocktail hr. was in the White Hall Room and Patio, and our reception was in two of the ballrooms.

I was a little concerned because I hate the carpet and chairs in the ballrooms. We had an outside company replace the chairs and honestly with the lighting low, I didn't even notice the carpet on the big day!

As far as decor, we didn't do much, as we wanted to spend our budget on the food. We had candles on the tables. As far as filling the space, we had a table with the wedding pictures of our loved ones. We had characters that needed a backdrop, so that also took up room. Our big splurge was an ice bar with a castle luge.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We used outside vendors for all tabletop decor, chairs, and ice bar.

The staff at the GF made us feel like royalty. While there are more unique venues to have a wedding on Disney property, I feel like just having a Disney wedding is unique enough and the GF ballrooms fit our vision perfectly!

Hope this helps! If you need to see pictures of our White Hall cocktail hr. I would be more than happy to share those as well!

Kristen & Josh WDW Wishes Wedding September 2014
Planning Journal
Planning Session Recap
Wedding Recap
KDisney85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #8
vcm210
New Mooner

Hi KDisney85--your pictures are amazing! What a beautiful reception! We also decided to go with a ballroom (Yacht & Beach Club), and this too was now making me nervous since they are considered "emptier." Plus, I was also curious how they would handle bars in the ballrooms, and having one brought in is a great idea. Who did you get the bar and the chairs from, if you don't mind me asking?

Either way, your pictures were really encouraging!!! If you don't mind sharing more, I'd love to see what your cocktail hour looked like, too! Thanks for sharing!!

Italy Isola West Welcome DP Corpus Christi Yacht & Beach Club Ballroom

Planning Journal
vcm210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
KDisney85

Fairy Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcm210 View Post
Hi KDisney85--your pictures are amazing! What a beautiful reception! We also decided to go with a ballroom (Yacht & Beach Club), and this too was now making me nervous since they are considered "emptier." Plus, I was also curious how they would handle bars in the ballrooms, and having one brought in is a great idea. Who did you get the bar and the chairs from, if you don't mind me asking?

Either way, your pictures were really encouraging!!! If you don't mind sharing more, I'd love to see what your cocktail hour looked like, too! Thanks for sharing!!
Hi!!!
We used So Cool Events for our ice bar. Disney will give you a bar for free, but I fell so in love with an ice bar I saw on the Disney convention website. I found two outside vendors that could do it. Disney's ice bar was $3,000, not including tax, a service fee, or a luge on top. The same bar was $1,500 from So Cool Events. We added the castle luge for our signature drink for an extra $250. There was also a $600 delivery charge to get it there. I'm guessing with the luge and service fee it would have pushed $4,000+ from Disney. So Cool does corporate events at Disney so they are familiar with the property. However, my planner still had to get special permission from the head of banquets. So, if you are considering it make sure you give your planner notice. She can talk to Lisa (my planner) if she's unfamiliar with this being allowed. Whether you use Disney's bar or bring in your own, Disney will charge you a bartender fee up front and return the money to you after the wedding if you spend $500 on alcohol at your wedding.

I got my chairs from Chair Caddy. I never got them priced from Disney because I knew from other Disney brides that there were cheaper options. Greenery Productions did our reception and gave us a price for chairs that seemed high. So, I did some research. Chair Caddy charged $5 a chair plus $100 delivery and set-up fee. I know a lot of other Disneymooner Brides have used them, and I highly recommend! We had to add two more chairs two weeks before the wedding and they were totally fine with the adjustment. Another name I've seen floating around here is Chair Affair. I can't remember why I chose Chair Caddy over them. Probably the price or color availability!

The great thing about both these vendors is that they bring everything, set it up, and take it down. You'll never see them or have to deal with anything. Disney is really good about reaching out to all the vendors for you once you've hired them, or telling you what information you need to get from them or pass along to them. They do all the thinking for you!

I have to add the pics from our cocktail hr. to Photobucket, and then I'll add those. We didn't do a lot of decorations, because it was only 1.5 hrs of the day, but I was really excited about our hightop tables.

Planning Journal
Planning Session Recap
Wedding Recap
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #10
KDisney85

Fairy Mooner

Default Whitehall Patio Cocktail Hr. Pictures

This is a place I really cut the budget. There are three sections to the Whitehall Patio and Ballroom.... the patio, the ballroom, and the covered porch in between. I only had the high tops on the porch decorated with special tablecloths. We also had a rose in votives lent to me by a friend on each table.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
You can see the ugly Disney chairs and the free round tables with free white table cloths on the patio and in the ballroom. We put cards on those tables with different questions for people to fill out... what's your favorite memory of us? What's your best memory of us? What should we name our kids? Etc.
[IMG][/IMG]

I was most concerned with how the food was presented. We spent a lot of time with our chef talking about the different vessels our food could be presented in.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Lastly, there was a table with our Up mailbox for cards and our Up guest book. Then there was a table with a couple of frames, which is what we used to tell everyone what table they were sitting at.
[IMG][/IMG]

Planning Journal
Planning Session Recap
Wedding Recap
Old 07-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
wdwlau
New Mooner

Kristen I love the decor!
Did you use Disney for tablecloths? The bow on the hightop tables looks so pretty
Old 08-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #12
KDisney85

Fairy Mooner

Thank you! We used Disney for the tablecloths and bow at the cocktail hour and we used Greenery Productions for tablecloths at the reception. Greenery Productions tried to get us to go with more expensive fabric because it would "shimmer in the candlelight." Believe me, the regular polyester ones were fine!

Planning Journal
Planning Session Recap
Wedding Recap
Old 01-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #13
shkeys
New Mooner

We are planning on WHR for our reception. .. I love that it's a ball room but you still get the inside/outside option. Good to know that vendors can easily access the area.