Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning > Guest Area (Public)

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
nicholesy
New Mooner

Default Dessert Party

Hello,
Did anyone or is anyone planning a dessert party. I would love to her details and see pics!
nicholesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
AJCDRS2014

Minnie Mooner

I am planning one. How many people are you inviting? I am having mine at Italy Isola West plaza. The smaller Italy side. Kinda bland just cement with an ornate fence. However once I saw it, I was amazed and it comes to life with tables. I actually loved it once I saw it in person. There are some great menus to choose from but you can customize. I am thinking of doing a hot chocolate bar with the chocolate shot machines and a few other special desserts.
Theme: Tides of Love Colors: Sapphire, Emerald, & Silver

http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Cohen-Salazar
AJCDRS2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
wchan
New Mooner

Thank you for the info! I was also wondering if I have a outside dessert team does my dessert party or dessert table for the reception, will Disney allow?
wchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
shkeys
New Mooner

Also planning a dessert party. Originally thought we would want Wishes but you can get so much closer if you choose Illuminations. We have actually never seen Illuminations so hopefully we made the right decision!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
The Kolanos
New Mooner

I have had an opp to view illuminations at UK Upper. Every location around Epcot is amazing. No bad views. Wishes, I believe you are a lot further away from the show.
The Kolanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
jessp105
New Mooner

Has anyone done a dessert party as a rehearsal dinner or welcome party? We are thinking about doing this but I'm concerned it will take away from our wedding day if we have too much excitement the night before the wedding.
jessp105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #7
KDisney85

Fairy Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessp105 View Post
Has anyone done a dessert party as a rehearsal dinner or welcome party? We are thinking about doing this but I'm concerned it will take away from our wedding day if we have too much excitement the night before the wedding.
Many brides have. Once you get approved you'll be able to read the wedding journals. One I know off the top of my head is Christine's. She did Wishes the night before the wedding.

Kristen & Josh WDW Wishes Wedding September 2014
Planning Journal
Planning Session Recap
Wedding Recap
KDisney85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #8
kl3w
New Mooner

I'm planning a dessert party as a welcome party. My wedding day is actually blacked out because of Food and Wine Festival (every Friday/Saturday during F&W is blacked out because it gets so crazy), so it was either move it or not have one.

One advantage to that is that you can do the DP through Disney Catered Events instead of DFTW. Through DFTW, you pay a $10 viewing fee for every guest no matter what, but you get to wear your wedding attire. With catered events, you only pay viewing fees for guests without park tickets but you don't get to wear wedding attire. Since the DP is before my wedding, I'm choosing to save the viewing fee money and go through catered events since most people will have park tickets.

I'm also having an Escape wedding, so it'll be a small ceremony, but I have a lot of family who really want to just come to Disney so I'm doing the dessert party for them as well so that they'll get to celebrate with us even though they aren't coming to the ceremony.
kl3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #9
MickeyCrazed
New Mooner

I'd be interested to know if there are major differences when booking through Disney Catered Events instead of DFTW. Except of course the option of wearing wedding attire and the viewing fee.
MickeyCrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
elysemelon

Fairy Mooner

We had a dessert party at Italy Isola West! It was our favorite part of the day. We had a mickey waffle sundae bar and alcoholic pumpkin ale floats (root beer for everyone else!). It was a hit.

You can see the pics here

Elyse & AJ
Monday, November 23, 2015 SBP/LSS/Italy Isola West
Planning Journal//Planning Session//Wedding Recap//Disneymoon Recap
elysemelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #11
princesskimchi
New Mooner

I'm looking into this as well for my wedding. This is a great post.

My fiancé and I have done the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party, so I can only imagine that a private DP would be even more magical. He was so blown away by it. And I want to provide that similar experience for our guests. Dessert and good views, not a bad combination.
princesskimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:38 PM   #12
Jakzmom
New Mooner

Is the dessert party something specific to WDW? I haven't heard anything about it for DL.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #13
indiana_princess

Minnie Mooner

Hi Janet, as far as I know, there aren't firework dessert parties at DL

Planning a Vowel Renewal 2018

Savannah & Eric
indiana_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
Vicke
New Mooner

I'm excited about having a DP.
Vicke is offline   Reply With Quote